SleepingwithLenin just nominated me for the Liebster Award! Her blog is so fascinating and includes both yummy recipes as well as a glimpse into living in Russia. Thank you for the nomination! The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
Post 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you.
Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated.
11 random facts about me:
- My favorite animal is the cow, ever since I was a kid and I was reading something and discovered that cows have four stomachs. I guess I just thought that was fascinating.
- I have the travel bug. I really want to go abroad again. Dream destination: France. Realistic destination: Anywhere I have the opportunity to visit!
- I am living the post-graduation dog days of summer before I am thrown into non-stop work for the next 5-6 years. I thrive in both worlds.
- I like to shop… I especially like Coach, Tommy Hilfiger, Nine West, and Calvin Klein; those never seem to fail. However, I buy almost all of my dresses from Delia*s… they just fit like a glove!
- As far as sleeping, I always lay on my back for a while first. Then I switch to my left side and usually fall asleep like that.
- I am PRETTY sure one of my feet is bigger than the other. Shoe shopping is thus frustrating so I generally live in sneakers.
- I am an early riser; I used to be a night owl until I began running in the morning. I love waking up with the sun… although in the winter it is a lot more difficult to do!
- Current jam: Vampire Weekend’s entire new album. Their music just elevates my mood so much.
- I just got a terabyte hard drive. ONE TB. 1000 GBs. This is intense. All my music and photos can be together again!
- Jersey girl at heart, but NO ACCENT. Except for cawfee. And bought. And ought. And waddur. Okay, maybe I have a little bit of an accent.
- I learned a bit of Mandarin this past summer. All I remember is “hi,” “watermelon,” “thank you,” and “I would like to order two glasses of beer.” I’m sure all will come in handy at some point.
- Does your family read your blog? Yes, my mom does and likes every post. My dad is less technological and my brother doesn’t read it as far as I know.
- What is the last thing you bought? Some multivitamins… woo. And a new tamper for the Vitamix because … I broke it. Le sigh.
- How many people do you live with? Three (my family). Soon to be two (roommates in Ithaca).
- What is your next Big thing on your To Do list of life? GRADUATE SCHOOL.
- What happens when we die? I am not religious in the slightest but it’s kind of reassuring to think about your passed loved ones watching over you as you go through life.
- What is in your fridge? Oh gawd. Well, leftover cheesecake. If it were my mini-fridge from college, there would also be peanut butter and almond butter, strawberry jelly, bread, ground flax, miracle whip, spicy brown mustard, soymilk, and walnuts. Actually, all of those things are in the fridge right now too.
- Favorite blog? I think www.HowSweetEats.com. Jessica, the author, is just hilarious and her photography is beautiful. Her recipes have never failed for me.
- If, in a hypothetical world, someone forced you to be an animal, what would it be? I always feel like I might be a fox. But I would rather be a bird… specifically a canary or little goldfinch!
- What film should I definitely never watch? 1900. Watched this 5-hour epic in an undergrad course called Film and History. It was horrendously slow and has really graphic violence and sex scenes. Imagine watching this in your class full of other female students (I attended an all-women college) with your elderly male professor looking on. Awkward, but educational I suppose… Fascists are CRAZY. Also, Gerard Depardieu is super young and un-fat.
- Give us a piece of advice? Remember to be grateful; gratitude is a key to being happy.
- Mustaches, yay or nay? NAY. Blech. Facial hair in general = meh.
My questions for the nominees:
- Are you the only cook in your family/household?
- How do you feel about all the technology that seems to be taking over our lives?
- Favorite song that can NEVER be overplayed?
- Milk or dark chocolate?
- Most embarrassing travel story?
- Have you discovered the magical land that is Costco? If so, what do you like to purchase from Costco?
- What did you think you would do with your life when you were in high school?
- Favorite dessert?
- Do you prefer cooking alone or cooking with others?
- Coffee or tea?
- Walking or running?
Here are the blogs I’d like to nominate, in no particular order: