at350degrees, thank you for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award! It was so nice to wake up to this notification. I began cooking a variety of foods the summer after high school, and decided to take pictures to remember the pretty dishes. Upon searching for new recipes, I stumbled upon the world of food blogging, and the rest is history! I never thought I’d reach 100 posts nor have so many followers. Thanks for all your support!
Copy & paste the Versatile Blogger Award logo into your post.
Thank and link back to your nominator.
Divulge 7 facts about you!
Nominate 15 other bloggers for their own Versatile Blogger Award and comment on their blogs to let them know!
1. I love to draw. My first career ambition, when I was yay high, was to be an artist.
2. I used to despise running as a kid. Twice around the track (1/2 mile) left my calf muscles burning. Now I almost can’t live without running! My PR for distance is 10 miles, which I ran on my 21st birthday. I felt glorious.
3. Right now I’m looking at graduate programs focused on nutritional biochemistry. Here’s hoping I get in!
4. I play soccer at college, third division. It’s tough (lost my big toenail… twice) but so rewarding. I’m going into my senior year.
5. I do research on bacteriophage and E. coli (a non-pathogenic strain, of course) while at school. I like being in the lab with music blaring… it’s kind of relaxing (even though it can be very frustrating).
6. I love being in the ocean and diving headfirst into the waves before they crash.. or mid-crash, as is often the case. I also hate tanning just to tan and will hide in the shade of the beach umbrella whenever I’m not in the ocean.
7. I AM GOING TO CHINA!!! For 3.5 weeks. In 4 days. To teach English to kids in a rural area of the Hunan Province. I am so excited/apprehensive/nervous/excited. Speaking of China, I am 1/2 Chinese and 1/2 Scottish, Irish, English and German.
Made by Mike, blogturtle, Emily Cooks Vegan, Acorn in the Kitchen, A High School Foodie, A Lot on Your Plate, Homemade with Mess, Meet Your Treat, The Goodie Plate, Spoonful of Sugar Free, Whole Wheat or Bust!, Save the Kales!, ChocolateCoveredKatie, Illustrated Bites, Food is My Life, Maggie’s One Butt Kitchen